Sunday, September 5, 2010

Autumn-Inspired

It still feels like summer here in southeastern Massachusetts but autumn is close by. I feel it in the cool night air and see it in the late summer flowers that finally turn bright colors of orange, gold, and maroon. Artists are often inspired by nature, and I am grateful to experience four beautiful seasons where I live. I've chosen some of my favorite art works that are beautiful examples of how artists have expressed this season. Enjoy and be inspired!




Pumpkin
Janet Fish, 2009





Rowan Leaves with Hole
Andy Goldsworthy, 2009








Goldfish and Autumn
Janet Fish, 2009




Kai Province, Monkey Bridge
Hiroshige, c.1850









Autumn in the Village
Marc Chagall, c. 1940











Woven Bamboo Wind
Andy Goldsworthy, 2003









Autumn Landscape
Louis C. Tiffany, 1923









Mulberry Tree
Vincent Van Gogh, c. 1880's







Autumn Leaves
David Hockney, 2008






Trodden
Andrew Wyeth, 1951









Autumn Leaves
Alexander Calder, 1950









My Autumn
Georgia O'Keeffe, 1929

No comments:

Post a Comment