Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Day at the Southcoast Children's Author Book Bazaar

East Fairhaven School, Fairhaven, MA
Yesterday was a great day at the Southcoast Children’s Author Book Bazaar at East Fairhaven School in Fairhaven, MA. Organized by East parents and author Stephanie L. Pickup with the help of principal Geraldine Lucas and East parent and staff volunteers, the event featured 11 authors including yours truly with the launch of my newest book, Floyd and the Mysterious Night Time Noise!

One of the Upton books
There were crafts for the kids, refreshments, and readings throughout the day. I enjoyed meeting all of the authors, kids and families. One of the highlights of the day for me was meeting the friendly Bichon Frisee Upton Charles, the star of the book series by D.G. Stern. He gave out paw-tographs!

I also had the pleasure of seeing fellow Fairhaven author Natalie Hemingway (retired music educator, historian and author of many excellent local history books) who has been a great supporter and friend to me for almost 20 years. It was an honor to be among such great people (and pets!).

Another highlight: I very much enjoyed reading my new book to a big group of listeners for the very first time in the beautiful East Fairhaven School Library. It was an audience of very good listeners!

Thanks to all who stopped in to see me and all of the authors. It was a beautiful May day with many events going on around the area, so I really appreciate all of the book lovers who came out to support this event!

A huge thank you to Stephanie for doing such an excellent job organizing this event, and to all of the people who helped to make all of us authors feel welcomed and special and made the day go very smoothly. 

If you missed it, you can still order books from most of the authors online and in local bookstores. See the list below of the participating authors and links!

As for me, my next appearances so far will be at the Fairhaven Farmer’s Market this summer! I’ll post the official dates soon...

Paula J. Chretien 












Kristine Daniels













Bunny Griffeth










Natalie S. Hemingway












• Eveline Hesketh-Petty
 
Myra Lopes

Stephanie L. Pickup












Jessica Piva, illustrator













J. B. Spooner










D.G. Stern













Jacque Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment