Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sparkling Summer Book Tour, 2014!

Hope you can join me at these events coming up this summer featuring Floyd and the Sparkling Seashell! Many events are free and are one-time-only, so mark your calendars.


Thursday, July 10, 2104 • 6 p.m. •  AHA Night: GNB Early Literacy Consortium presents "Floyd" Book Reading at the New Bedford Public Library  (Main branch, 613 Pleasant Street) • FREE

Join me for a reading of "Floyd and the Sparkling Seashell" in this historic library's children's room for AHA's "Kids' Rule" night! Book give-away and crafts, too, courtesy of the GNB Early Literacy Consortium. All ages welcome. I'll have books and DVDs for sale as well. A great night to be in downtown New Bedford for the whole family!


Wednesday, July 23, 2014 • 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. • Floyd Summer Story Time and Book Craft at Art on Center, Fairhaven • Reading- FREE, Book Craft Workshop-$10 for AoC members, $12 for non-members

This first-ever event will feature a reading of "Sparkling Seashell" (free, all ages). Then, for those kids we know and love who are bursting with stories and creativity--this one's for you! Art on Center director Stacey Frates and I will lead a really fun book craft where kids (ages 4-10) can make their own books, too. Class size is limited so call or email Art on Center to reserve your spot TODAY. Art on Center always has my signed books for sale in the gift shop, but at this event I will of course be there to sign and personalize your copy.

 

Sunday, July 27, 2014 • 1 to 4 p.m. • Book Signing/Reading at the Fairhaven Farmers Market,
Fairhaven Academy lawn, corner of Rte. 6 and Main • FREE

One of my favorite summer events, I'll be reading "Sparkling Seashell" and I'll have free crafts for kids, too. At this event, I'll have ALL of my "merch", including books, DVDs and select prints. And visit my friends at the Heart Henna booth for face painting-- they do a beautiful job with designs for all ages including henna tattoos and maybe even a special Floyd design for this day, too! In the event of questionable weather, check the Farmer's Market Facebook Page-- I will postpone if its raining!


Thursday, August 7, 2014 • 10:30 a.m. • Children's Reading Circle featuring "Sparkling Seashell" and Craft • Partner's Village Store & Kitchen, Westport, MA • FREE
 
Especially for the little ones, a story time with me and hostess Miss Joan. I will read my book and Miss Joan will do a special activity with the kids following the story. Out on the lovely back porch of Partner's, this is a highlight of my summer. Partner's also carries copies of my books in their store, and I can sign and personalize it for you that day, too. Hope to see you there!

 

Monday, August 11, 2014 • 6 to 7:30 p.m. • FIZZ-BOOM-READ "Sparkling Seashell" Author Night at Plumb Library, Rochester, MA

Here's an evening program with a  reading of "Sparkling Seashell" and a book-related activity for my friends out in the tri-town area. All ages are welcome to a special evening story time featuring Sparkling Seashell, then stick around for some book-related activities, including a book related art project incorporating the science of ocean life appropriate for all ages, activity handouts, and “inside info” on creating a children’s book for older kids. Books will be available for purchase and signing. This will be a first visit for me to Plumb, so very much looking forward to meeting some new Floyd fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment