Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Beach Bash This Friday!

It's been a looooong winter and a long time since my last post. The snow is melting, the birds are back, and it's starting to look like spring out there... Yay! I don't know about you, but I am ready for
some spring and summer!

So, today I'm very excited as I prep for a fun night on Friday, March 27, 2015 at the Acushnet Elementary School: I'll be guest reader at the P.T.O.- sponsored Beach Bash Reading Night! This event is a special event for A.E.S. students only.

Join me for a reading of "Floyd and the Sparkling Seashell", PLUS I will be sharing a super fun seashell craft (it's a secret) (but there might be some CLAY)! I'll also have official Floyd coloring and activity pages to take home for some extra Floyd fun.
A scene from "Floyd and the Sparkling Seashell"

It will be a blast, so if you are an A.E.S. student in grades 2-4, make sure you bring in your flyer and sign up for this event.

I will also have a limited number books for sale at a special event price, and a portion of each book sale will go to the P.T.O. I will be happy to sign books for you, too! FYI-- If I do sell out of books, I will take orders at the event and deliver your orders to A.E.S. as soon as they arrive from my publisher.


PS-- I love events at A.E.S. since I have some great memories from when I was a student there a LONG time ago! Here's a pic that was actually in the New Bedford Standard-Times of me, my mom and my sister Karen at the school's art show circa 1975. I was only 4, but I couldn't wait to make some art in school even back then!

Hope to see lots of Acushnet friends on Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment